Thursday, October 30, 2008

Welcome Back!

Well, I must apologize for not blogging sooner. It's been CRAZY!
Ok, so, we arrived back in Jamaica on October 16th, and we didn't let the kids know we were coming back. Our friends,the Yoders, picked us up in the Bible College van, so when we drove down the driveway, the kids just thought it was someone from the College. I waved, but no one responded, so I stuck my head out the window and yelled, "Hey Mon!" They immediately began screaming and running! They ripped open the van and were climbing in on top of us. I've never seen kids so excited, you would've thought Santa has shown up in person!

The next day, we had a crazy party. We dressed in crazy clothes, colored our hair crazy colors with wash out gel, and had crazy food and crazy cake. It was a blast! I wore black athletic pants with my swim suit over top, my "fire" shirt with a tank top over it, one tennis shoe and one flipper, swimming goggles, a pink belt with a spatcula and a wooden sword. I had red, white and blue hair, and a red gotee. I was looking pretty crazy, let me tell you!

I can't even begin to tell you how happy we are to be back with the kids. There were 7 kids who were on holiday when we were here before and we've enjoyed getting to know them too. We've already had a few movie nights and sleepovers. Even the staff are glad to have us back...one older lady about knocked me over giving me hugs and a kiss on the cheek...I couldn't believe it! But we are glad for the warm welcome...who knows what's yet to come!

No comments: